National Cadet Corps [NCC]
The unit was started in 1997 by the inspiration of Late Hon. Ramraoji Awargaonkar, Principal K. T. Thale and Caretaker Dr. M. B. Tat took efforts to start NCC unit. At present, Major Dr. M. N. Gaikwad is working as ANO.
The NCC unit runs under the aegis of 51 Maharashtra Battalion. The Battalion head quarter is located at Aurangabad under Aurangabad Group Aurangabad. The NCC comprises three year course. First year is the training year. In next academic year cadet promoted in second year and eligible for appearing ‘B’ certificate examination by attending minimum 75% parades in first year and second year respectively and one ATC camp. The cadet is promoted in III year after passing B certificate examination and he / she will be eligible for C certificate examination. Eligibility for C certificate examination is minimum 75% attendance, one ATC camp and one either CATC or RDC or BLC or NIC or adventure camp.
- The youth of the country is a national asset and its development is a task of great significance and importance.
- The NCC has got expertise and built-in infrastructure to fulfill this goal on behalf of the nation
The main aim to start NCC is to develop characters of discipline, good citizen, patriotism, knowledge of armed forces and to participate in various significant activities like Blood Donation Camps, Tree Plantation, Pulse Polio Immunization Programme and Leprosy Annihilation Programmes.
Aims of NCC:
- To develop qualities of character, courage, comradeship, discipline, leadership, secular outlook, spirit of Adventure, sportsmanship and the ideals of selfless service among the youth of the country.
- To create a human resource of organized, trained and motivated youth. To provide leadership in all walks of life including the Armed Forces and be always available for the service to the nation.
- To provide a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed Forces.
- To acquaint students with history, organization and functions of NCC
- To active participation in Extension Activities like Blood Donation Camp, Tree Plantation, Pulse Polio vaccination etc.
- To obtain NCC ‘B’ & ‘C’ Certificates for recruitment in Arm Forces, Police Department
- Thirty six NCC Cadets joined in BSF, Army and Police Department
- One Cadet deployed as a representative on Students Council
NCC At A Glance:
|Built Up Area
|160 sq. ft.
|Number of Computers
|Broad Band Connection
|Training Ground, Maps, Targets,
|Name of ANO
|Dr. M. N. Gaikwad
|M. Sc., Ph. D.
- To arrange adventure camp like Trekking Camp
- To give Training of obstacles skill for recruitment
- Establishment of Firing Range facility for Cadets
- Establishment of Training centre for recruitment of Cadets in Army